This contract for lawnmower equipment maintenance services between ______________ (hereafter referred to as Client) and Robert Baker d/b/a The Lawnmower
Medic (hereafter referred to as The Lawnmower Medic®) is made and entered into on this day ______ of __________ 202__.
Client owns or has legal control of lawnmower equipment, as specified and described in the List of Equipment covered attached and hereby incorporated into this contract by reference.
The terms of this contract includes that the Equipment will be maintained in good working order. Such maintenance services will provide 3 annual maintenance routines 1 per year for 3 seasons. Also included is an oil filter and a fuel filter (for ride on mowers only) and enough fuel Stabilizer to treat your fuel systems for 3 years. Guaranteed Repair Service response within 72 hours of notification of an emergency repair issue made whenever any equipment breaks down unexpectedly. This contract covers all labor & service charges for 3 years with the exception of parts, supplies, applicable taxes and all copays! All fees will be acessed by the initial inspection and will be collected before service is rendered.
The Lawnmower Medic® is in the business of providing excellent lawn & garden equipment maintenance services. In order to be enrolled in our service agreement all mowers over 5 years old are subject to equipment inspection and acceptance prior to you entering this agreement. All machines being considered for enrollment into our program must not be in a broken condition!
The Lawnmower Medic® hereby undertakes to provide the following maintenance services to the Client. As part of the yearly maintenance routine, as may be applicable, we cover a 15-point checklist. This includes the following:
- Inspect & Replace Fuel Filter if needed
- Inspect and Clean Air Filter
- Check Compression
- Clean Carburetor (as required)
- Inspect & Sharpen Blades
- Lube and Grease Fittings
- Change Oil and Oil Filter
- Adjust Gov. Linkage, Choke & Throttle
- Clean & Regap or Replace Spark Plug
- Inspect all Belts
- Clean Battery
- Air Tires
- Do a Safety Check
- Clean Machine
- Sharpen all Blades
In consideration of this commitment of services provided by The Lawnmower Medic®, the Client agrees to the following:
- It is required that the Client pour the provided Fuel Stabilizer in their covered equipment’s fuel tank and run the machine for 10 minutes to protect the fuel system and its components from the fuel becoming stale. This is done when you are putting your equipment up to store at the end of the season. NOTE: All Stabilizers are dyed Red by the manufacturer so use can be identified readily.
- We request that the client charge their battery once per month during the winter months to maintain the life of the battery and to keep it at peak performance.
- The client agrees to check the oil in the engine on a regular basis because oil leaks and or oil consumption can begin at any time for different reasons. This will be considered neglect if failure to check oil leads to engine failure.
- On most walk behind mowers if you turn them on their side to clean the grass out and your air filter is on the side of the lawnmower closest to the ground (i.e. facing the ground) you will have just caused an unnecessary air filter replacement due to oil saturating the air filter as a result of the manufacturers engines crankcase pressure venting design. This will be considered a neglectful condition.
This contract does not cover the following:
- Neglect – Pouring stale fuel or contaminated fuel such as fuel with water, dirt and debris in your mowers fuel tank.
- Abuse to Equipment – Using the equipment in a manner which causes damage or in a way that would create an obviously dangerous and or damaging condition such as running over a stump or large object.
- The Lawnmower Medic® is not liable for any injuries that may result from the use of the equipment by the Client.
Engines and Transmissions are covered as replacement assemblies only in the event of a catastrophic failure of an internal nature.
Engine Coverage: All repairs including cylinder head gaskets, valve train and all external components. For generators we do not repair the generator electrical components but can replace as a unit the entire generator assembly to the engine.
Transmission Coverage: All external components, adjustments and replaceable items. (Transmissions on Tillers are not covered under this Plan)
Does not cover engine or transmission case disassembly.
* A fuel surcharge will be charged on each visit to your home, no exceptions
* All parts and supplies must be purchased through the Lawnmower Medic®
The Lawnmower Medic® reserves the right to assign the acceptable month and sets the schedule for maintenance services.
This contract is transferable to a new owner in the event the machine under contract is sold, as long as the new owner contacts us and requests the information be reflected to his new ownership and he remains in our service territory! This contract can be transferred to a new mower if the customer upgrades to a new machine (not a used one).
Policy of renewal continuity for scheduling purposes:
Upon renewals agreed to on the third service, your new renewal contract will begin it’s 3 year clock and benefits beginning on the first service provided after the existing contract expires; and or occasionally for scheduling purposes perhaps before the full 3 year clock expires on the existing prior purchased contracts as a result of scheduling needs for all contracts we service; not to exceed out of the month assigned of service unless agreed upon by both parties. If there is a gap between the full 3 years before your renewal contract begins on the 1st service your coverage for repairs will remain in effect under the renewal policy of continuity.
Governing Law; Arbitration. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to its conflict of law rules. Any dispute in excess of $1,000 arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the breach thereof shall be decided by arbitration before a mutually agreeable arbitrator. Such arbitration shall be conducted exclusively in Forsyth County, North Carolina in accordance with the North Carolina Uniform Arbitration Act – N.C.G.S. § 1-569.1 et seq., or the corresponding section of any future arbitration code, and judgement thereof may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties further agree that any claim arising under this Agreement must be brought within one (1) year from the occurrence of any breach. The Arbitrator, in his or her sole discretion, may award attorney’s fees and costs to the prevailing party. For any other disputes not exceeding $1,000, the Client waives all jurisdiction and venue to Forsyth County, North Carolina – District Court Small Claims Division.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the transactions contemplated hereunder and all prior agreements or negotiations are merged herein. Client acknowledges that no representations or inducements have been made to Client except as set forth in this Agreement.
This contract shall expire on the ________ day of __________, 202___ at which time the parties may extend it by agreement in the signing of a new contract.